Halal Development Corporation Berhad (HDC) is committed to the highest standard of integrity, accountability, and professionalism in the conduct of its business and professional activities. HDC aspires to conduct its affairs in an ethical, responsible and transparent manner.
The Whistleblowing channels are established to help all stakeholders raise concerns, without fear of retaliation, on any wrongdoing that they may observe and experience.
HDC has implemented a Whistleblowing Policy to provide a structured reporting channel and guidance to all employees and external parties to report instances of unethical behaviour, fraud, misconduct, bribery or violation of HDC’s Code of Ethics without fear of victimisation, discrimination and/or being disadvantaged. Any complaint can be reported via the appropriate channels.
Parties can report a whistleblowing complaint on any wrongdoings that they may observe and experience, including, but not limited to the following:
- Criminal offence such as fraud, corruption and theft
- Misappropriation or embezzlement of funds, securities, supplies, or other assets;
- Illicit and corrupt practices; Impropriety in handling or reporting of money or financial transactions;
- Profiteering as a result of insider knowledge;
- Financial malpractice or irregularities; Breach or violation of HDCs’ Code of Ethics;
- Abuse of power and position for personal gain;
- Conflict of Interest;
- The deliberate concealment of any of the above matter or other acts of wrongdoings.
The report must provide full and specific information of the improper conduct and, where possible, supporting evidence in order to facilitate the investigation.
A Whistleblower will be accorded with protection under the Policy provided the disclosure is made in good faith and shall not be subject to any form of retribution, unfair dismissal, victimisation, demotion, suspension, intimidation, harassment or discrimination by the Company.
ACTING IN GOOD FAITH
We expect the whistleblower to act in good faith and have reasonable grounds when reporting a wrongdoing. If allegations are proven to be malicious, parties responsible may be subject to appropriate action, up to and including legal action, where applicable.